FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:13 am
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Makassar City Center

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very Happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Since there's only one type of the room so no upgrade. However, I got nice view to the sea.

- How are the rooms?
Like other Ibis in the world; standard room size (16-17 sqm).

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: While there's nothing special with the brand. But the services were way beyond other Ibis I've stayed though I rarely stay at Ibis . From check-in, redeeming welcome drink vouchers, having breakfast and lunch at the restaurant, and check-out; all the staffs greeted me by mentioning my name. I believe it's because of the new GM of the hotel who has just moved from other hotel in other chains which I frequently stayed (and also Platinum there). Therefore I believe that the new GM asked his staffs to go extra miles and recognizing the elite member faces because it's also the same experiences that I had during my stay at his former hotel. ^

Bad: None (except small room like other Ibis which I already expected)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Received my welcome drink vouchers (2x for two adults). I used it during lunch so I don't have to order any drinks while having lunch.
Got welcome fruits on the room. There's also welcome notes with my photo attached on the notes. Probably got from my social media.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Really great value. For such great services, surely would return.