FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the defination of a business hotel?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:05 am
Vince Chan
Suspended

What is the defination of a business hotel?

I found that because of the more expensive rate of international full service hotel in Toyko, many people who is not into frequent flyer or hotel program usually choose to stay at so call " business hotel". The defination of a "business hotel" from their eye is usually a local one or a domestic chain, not a full service hotel, usually 3 star or 3.5 star, with very small and clean room, (that aiming at business travler's requirement?), and the rate is moderate .

But what always confused me is that full service international chain such as Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton or Hyatt (forgive me IHG) is also considered a "Business hotel", especially in the US, even some of their more upscale line such as Grand Hyatt is still considered a business hotel with full service, lounge, meeting space..etc.

But they Marriott, Hyatt, Westin is usually ranked as 4 star or 5 star internationally, and they charges the double rate of other domestic "Business hotel", so what is the real defination of a" business hotel"?

I though staying at Hilton or Marriott is not a big deal but my colleague considering them as very high end hotel and told me most company would not allow their worker to stay at Hilton when traveling for business....a holiday inn is good enough...lol. (and my client is one of the giant sports brand from Germany, the major one, they did only allow their basic level employee to stay at holiday inn and economy class for 10 hours flight.)