FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:51 am
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Been not around for quite long so I would only review some of my stays from the last quarter.

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Jakarta Cikini

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Quite happy

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior room; upgraded to privilege. On the last night I asked for paid upgrade to Suite since my parents come around; quite good bargain for the paid upgrade since the hotel only calculates the price difference between my upgraded room and Suite.

- How are the rooms?
Privilege room basically has the same size and appearance with the Superior room with upgraded benefits free minibar and blank blank (which I found it later during check-out since it was not advertised on the website).

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: I like the way they setup the special table for Le Club Elite members so I don't have to queue and standing while check-in, breakfasts were good, polite staffs, excellent location.
Bad: Actually I was wondering why the price difference between the superior room and privilege was so high for Indonesian standard (IDR 200,000), considering the free mini-bars only consist of 3 drinks and 1 snack. Upon check-out, I was greeted by a friendly duty manager on the hotel asking how was my stay. I told him that I liked the hotel and would be excellent if the hotel has an afternoon tea like some other Mercure in Indonesia. Then he suddenly shocked and apologized; he then told me that anyone who booked or stayed at privilege rooms upward should be entitled afternoon tea and light snacks benefit. Lol..Now that makes the price difference reasonable. Couple weeks after I checked-out, the hotel now displays that the privilege room comes with afternoon tea benefit.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A but they have afternoon tea benefit for those who stayed on privilege rooms and suite.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Received my welcome drink vouchers (2x for two adults). Fruits (oranges and grapes), some chocolates, and light snacks.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Good value for money and would return to claim my afternoon tea benefits.