FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exceptional CE Experience LHR-ARN
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:02 am
BerksFlyer

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It's always good to hear of people who have had enjoyable flights. Whilst the quality of the meals vary, I personally think that BA have got their concept for the new 'long' flights broadly right. I know I have already said it before, but to me, the weakest spot of CE catering by far is the medium band. For a flight roughly 10 minutes shorter, forget the nice looking chicken and pappardelle and you will only get the shrimp of wakame starter as your sole 'meal' (or the whole or half toastie instead if you prefer) alongside a smaller dessert.

Of course, you have to put the limit 'somewhere', but I am still of the opinion that the gap is truly excessive. Many of us have often suggested that if instead, medium flights kept the main dish and dessert as opposed to the tiny starter and dessert (let alone the tiny sandwiches you get on afternoon tea flights which are frankly ghastly), complaints about the new CE would reduce quite significantly. I still believe that it is the case and I hope that at one point, BA will end up hearing us.
A simple ‘like’ doesn’t do this post justice. Everything said here is spot on and I also hope BA listen.