FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalkUserName

Originally Posted by foxtrotlima1
Sadly the JFK-DCA segment is in Y. It’s an anytime award versus a mile saver.

AUH-IAD would solve all my problems. Alas, did not find availability on that flight. AUH-DFW ceases to be an option after March 25th. I had a little of that plane geek going on as well. Part of the reason I targeted traveling AUH-JFK is because the family had never been on an A380, and have been wanting to go on one for years.

That said, it may have to be another time if I can’t get these awards to line up the way I want.
Based on what I'm seeing for April you should be able to relatively easily make this happen, but it might require a connection. JFK-BOS-DCA or JFK-CLT-DCA or a myriad of spoke to spoke connections. I would do it. You just need to go on AA.com and find flights that work for your day and time then call AA and spoon feed them those flights on top of the AUH-JFK flights. Might require to do 3 in Y, 1 in F or some other combination, but you should be able to get it done.

There could be some routing issues that others could comment on, but on the surface this looks very doable.