FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:50 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
A few weeks ago, I was flying in Polaris First from ORD. I did the check-in at the Polaris counter in Terminal 1. My wife who was traveling in Economy + had done the check-in the previous evening to put herself in the upgrade list. She was standing next to me. When the agent gave me my boarding pass, she turns to my wife and asks if she is traveling Polaris First or Business. My wife says no. The agent proceeds to tell us that, then, my wife did not have access to the Polaris Lounge. Good that we knew the rule that Polaris First passengers can have one guest. I wonder how many other passengers would have accepted her assertion.

On the return, we arrived at the Polaris Lounge at 5:15 PM on a Sunday (if Fumje reads this post, here's the answer: my wife did guest me in). It's good that they have opened the extension part because the place was packed and in the previous configuration we would not have found seats. But, by 6:00 PM, the lounge totally emptied. Then, at about 7:30 PM, passengers started arriving for the flights departing at 9:00-9:30 PM.

After 13 months shouldn't they change the lunch/dinner buffet menu? Maybe change it 4 times per year. Or would that increase the risk of "enhancements"?