FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:40 am
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by daftboy
Hello all – is there an earliest time when checking in luggage is available with AA at LAX T4?
  • We arrive on BA from LHR into TBIT with a scheduled arrival of 1:05pm
  • We then fly from LAX to LAS on AA from T4 at 10:40pm
  • Can we check in and drop our luggage in the afternoon? Let’s assume it will be ca. 2:30pm by the time we get to T4 (I think I can use Flagship First check-in as a OW Emerald)
  • We then plan to meet some friends who live nearby and head to the beach for a few hours, before returning to LAX for our late departure
My usual airline is BA and as an Executive Club Gold I can effectively check in and drop bags whenever I want from the point LHR T5 opens each day – the only reference I have seen on aa.com is to baggage drop being available from 4 hours before the flight.
Is this on one ticket or two? If it's on one ticket, when you check in with BA, they should be able to tag your bags all the way through to LAS allowing you to just drop your bags off after customs at LAX, eliminating any worries about check in times for AA.