FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any downside in going through Google Flights/Kayak to book?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:54 am
ScruttonStreet

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Any downside in going through Google Flights/Kayak to book?

Hi all

I am having trouble pricing up an itinerary on BA.com that I would like to book, even though it is available if I price it up through Google Flights or Kayak, which then send me through to the BA site.

Essentially I am looking at an ex-EU to central America. Booking directly through BA.com only gives me a couple of options for the way out, all with a shortish, (three-hour) stopover. In an ideal world I'd like to make this about eight hours, so I can do a quick meeting while I am in London.

If I go through Google flights, or Kayak, I can indeed get this longer stopover at the same price as the shorter one. It sends me through to the BA site with the relevant flights there and the price I want. However when i do it directly on BA.com, or try to use the multi-sector tool (or even AA.com), it won't price this up - it either won't work at all, or doubles the price.

Given that booking through both Kayak and Google send me to the BA site if I use them, and offer the longer stop over I want I'm inclined to do that, but I worry that somehow this means I will get less protection/sympathy from BA if anything goes wrong at the time of flying. That they'll just send me back to Google or Kayak to sort any problems.

Does anyone have any thoughts?