FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:10 pm
newtestleper

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

I fly JQ in New Zealand a bit (not often) and the earn rate for Qantas SCs is actually pretty good - 20 SC for a Starter Max fare AKL-WLG, which from memory is on a par with discount economy from AKL to SYD for example.

Qantas are utterly useless though at crediting these points and I really have to fight for them. Even though the JQ booking engine specifically asks for QF FF numbers and they appear on boarding passes, I ALWAYS have to email the FF email address to ask for the points to be credited. 4 of the last 5 times, the immediate reply was "these flights are not eligible for credits" even though they are Starter Max fares and clearly say so on the boarding pass. On at least a couple of occasions I have had extended dialogue with various QF people at the other end of the email system about credits. Once I lost my physical boarding pass (big mistake) and it took an age - sending them a tax invoice and PDF itinerary - before they credited.

Not good enough QF!