FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orbitz booking confusion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:01 pm
Canuckleheader

Orbitz booking confusion.

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right area but I needed some advice. I booked a vacation package on orbitz with a flight on spirit and a stay at secrets Cancun. However after a few days I noticed my flight wasn't confirmed. I called Orbitz and after 4 hours on the phone they rebooked me a new reservation with the same flight and same price. Initially they only charged me for the hotel.

Next I found a cheaper deal for the same hotel. I called Orbitz to cancel the initial reservation so I could rebook a new one. After a couple hours on the phone they said they could not get ahold of the hotel but would refund me anyways. I got a confirmation email about the refund.

I then went and booked a new hotel reservation with the cheaper price. Today I looked at my account and noticed something weird. Both hotel reservations were on my account with the ability to cancel both online.

What should I do? I really don't want to call orbitz again. I was thinking of calling the hotel and making sure they had my reservation. If they have both should I cancel my initial reservation online? Or my new one and try to get a free stay... Not usually one to try and cheat the system but Orbitz has really annoyed me. I will probably just confirm they have our reservation with the hotel and leave it.
Any thoughts?