FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class and First Class with children [Merged Threads]
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:36 pm
ennsy

Originally Posted by yno
We've flown (Delta) J a bit over a year ago with one lap child and one child on a sear. Easy with one, as the other parent has free knees. I would probably avoid having each a lap child, and probably book a seat for the 23 months old child (who would be on the laps during take off or landing). This would make your life much easier.
Thanks for responding. We have already booked the flights on points and there is no more availability for us to add our oldest. We will just have to wing it and do our best.

Originally Posted by SQ319
We flew SQ to Japan last year with our then 20 month old. For me what was most important, regardless of whether Y or J is to babywear and bring a carrier. Once your LO falls asleep in the carrier, I put him to lie down on the seat in a side-lying position with me (I'm the mum). SQ's J seats are very wide in a 1-2-1 configuration. Obviously whether this works for you depends on whether the seat is wide enough, but otherwise, I will just cradle my LO and put my seat into a cradle positon too (more comfortable than a fully flat bed, if I have to hold onto my child).
Wearing the baby is a really good idea. Thanks, we will be bringing our carrier for the trip but I guess now we will wear it on the plane. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by Anna Phor
With two parents and one kid, this works fine. There's generally enough space on the armrests between the seats to balance food so that you can manage meals with one tray table and one kid sleeping. Two kids changes the equation. If this were me, I'd book 3 economy class seats.

If that's not an option, will you have access to bassinets? You may have to trade off meals, with one parent taking both kids while the other eats, then trading off.

How do you handle nap time? You let the child fall asleep while they are in your lap. Not much more you can do.
Thanks for your help. Flights are already booked and I don't think we can get our kid our own seat now since we booked on points and availability is lacking. Apparently we won't have access to bassinets because they said our youngest will be too old.