FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Matmid changes as of October 1, 2018
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:47 am
moe8555

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Changes to Matmid (major devaluation)

https://www.elal.com/he/FrequentFlye...s/default.aspx

Just got an e-mail about changes to Matmid and it ain't pretty. They've lost their minds. I think I'll pretty much be abandoning the program, my Fly Card Premium, and loyalty to the airline altogether after this.

An award flight to Larnaca in economy for 150 points + $60 cash + taxes? No thanks.. I'll stick with the 10 euro Ryan Air flights, or one of the 6 other carriers that service that destination at bargain basement rates.

And UP flights will still be departing from T1, so no King David Lounge for elites or paying business class passengers. But wait a minute... El Al in all its kind generosity has afforded these top elites the right to pay their way into lounges abroad on the return leg! See below:
  • בהמשך העברת פעילות מותג UP לאל על ​, הטיסות ליעדים: ברלין, בודפשט, פראג, קייב ולרנקה, ימשיכו לפעול במסלול נוסע מלא, דרך טרמינל 1. על כן, לא יתאפשר אירוח בטרקלין המלך דוד. ​
  • חברי מועדון הנוסע המתמיד במעמד טופ פלטינה, פלטינה, זהב ונלווים יוכלו להתארח בטרקליני חו"ל ביעדי: ברלין, בודפשט, קייב, פראג ולרנקה, בתוספת תשלום, כפי שנהוג כיום ביעדים אלו​.​​
Golds now have to pay for preferred/econ. plus seats to Europe, although still free for long-hauls.

Last edited by moe8555; Jan 17, 2018 at 8:47 am Reason: forgot