FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:13 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tt120
Looking for some LHR connection guru's for some guidance Thanks to a schedule change trying to figure out what to do so I don't have an 8 hour LHR layover.

Was originally scheduled for AA flight into T3 then 1:30 connection time to BA in T5 for flight to BLL. Well of course AA changed their schedule and departed 5 min later so now our connection time is 1:25 - which is technically "invalid" so the system put me on next flight to BLL which leaves 8 hours later. I do NOT want to spend 8 hours in LHR.

So here is my question:

Is 1:25 enough to connect between T3 and T5? I have status but my companion does not so fast track seems to be out. Is that extra 5 min really matter? Maybe I get get AA to force ticket?

Other option seems to be to switch flight outta JFK to a BA one which will land in T5. This will leave me with a "valid" T5 connection time of 1:15.

I really want to make the AA flight work as we are in the new Premium Economy seats on AA's 77W. The BA flight is a 744 and would be in economy.

Advice? thoughts? Thanks so much in advance!
Your itinerary isn't going to remain with a connection time of 1hr 25 mins unfortunately, at some point before you travel the system will spot the issue and rebook you to get the connection above MCT. You are best of having a look at the options and calling to rebook to what you prefer.

Is there an earlier AA JFK-LHR flight or is this the first one in the evening?