FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible to use more than 3 gift cards in one booking?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:21 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
How does e-credit work? Can i use e-credit in my account to book flights for family members? Does e-credit expire? How many e-credit certificates can be used for a booking (3 like gift card?)????
  • What types of Certificates and eCredits are there?

Delta eCerts can be redeemed for a variety of money-saving offers on eligible flights, including:
    • A specific dollar amount off the cost of an eligible fare.
    • A specific percentage off the cost of an eligible fare.
    • A specific percentage off the number of miles required to purchase an Award ticket.
    • A travel certificate that covers the cost of a ticket and requires the customer to only pay applicable taxes and fees.
    • A complimentary upgrade to the First or Business Class cabin.
    • SkyMiles Companion Certificates are exclusive, money-saving certificates good for one eligible round-trip flight--just for renewing your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. Learn more about SkyMiles Companion Certificates.
    eCredits are a specific monetary value that can be applied as payment toward the cost of a Delta ticket and any government-imposed taxes and fees. Examples of an eCredit:
    • Unused or partially used past date eTicket.
    • Delta Travel Voucher received when an eTicket exchange results in residual value.
    • Delta Dollars received for denied boarding compensation from an over sold flight.
    • Transportation Credit Voucher received as compensation for a service issue.
    • Miscellaneous Charge Order generally received when an eTicket exchange results in residual value and the original form of payment for the ticket was other than a credit card.
    • eGift certificates
    When you redeem Certificates or eCredits at delta.com there is no transaction fee. You can also redeem them at any Delta ticketing location, but additional fees may apply. Most Certificates and eCredits cannot be redeemed at travel agencies, other airlines, or other travel web sites please refer to the terms and conditions for details.

Can I see a list of the Certificates and eCredits I already have?

Certificates and eCredits associated with your SkyMiles number can be viewed by going to delta.com and logging in with your SkyMiles number and then go to MY DELTA and open the Certificates and eCredits module within My Wallet. Only Certificates or eCredits that were associated to your SkyMiles number when it was issued will be displayed.

If you wish to view Certificates or eCredits not associated with your SkyMiles number visit delta.com/redeemopens in a new window and enter your Certificate or eCredit number. You can view up to six individual numbers at one time.

How many Certificates or eCredits can I redeem toward my ticket?

The number of Certificates or eCredits that can be applied to a single ticket purchase may depend on the Certificate and eCredit type and the date of issue. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of each individual Certificate and eCredit for complete details.

How do I redeem an individual Certificate or eCredit?

If you have an individual Certificate or eCredit to redeem:
    1. Click the Redeem a Certificate link below.
    2. Enter your Certificate or eCredit number along with any other required information.
    3. When selecting from your flight result options, eligible flights will be identified as "Certificate applied".
    4. eCredits will be applied as a form of payment at time of purchase.
    Redeem a Certificate

Can I combine the Certificates and eCredits I already have?

Some Certificates and eCredits can be combined and used for a single ticket if the Terms and Conditions allow it. If you have more than one Certificate or eCredit to redeem:
    1. Click the Redeem Multiple Certificates link below.
    2. Enter the numbers along with any other required information. You can also enter your SkyMiles information to view all of the Certificates and eCredits associated with your account.
    3. Select the Certificates and/or eCredits you would like to redeem.
    4. Search for eligible flights and book your trip.
    Redeem Multiple Certificates

If my eCredit covers the cost of my ticket, why do I need to provide credit card information?

Credit card information is required for all flight purchases in order to be eligible for Risk Free Cancellation online.