FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: Earning EQD / Elite Qualifying Dollars on AA & partner airlines (as of 2019)
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:49 pm
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by wile e
I fly JFK -> HEL roundtrip 3-4 times a year. I typically book through AA on their flights AA8985 and AA8986 which are code-share flights for Finnair's non stop to/from New York AY005/AY006). I've researched and read a bunch and it appears as if I would earn more by booking it through Finnair as a partner flight. But when I just flew that route, I received significantly less than I should have, to the point I'm considering contacting AA as if it might be an error.

When I flew as a non-status holding member (lost my status for half of 2017) I received the following:

Booked through AA in economy (S)
per leg
EQM 4,117
EQD 596 (the dollars spent on that leg minus fees)
EQS 1

When I flew as a Platinum member in 2018

Booked through Finnair in economy (V)
per leg
EQM 2059
EQD 412 (the dollars spent on that leg minus fees)
EQS 1

I received 50% of the miles and the value of the EQD?? Is this correct? According to what I've read, V should get me 100% of the EQM and 20% of the EQM as EQD. And that's at a non-status holding level, shouldn't platinum gain more?

At this point I'm about to book another flight for this route and don't know how to proceed. I suppose I should just book through AA again?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Actually, it sounds about right. V fare on Finnair earn 50% base miles, .5 EQMs and 10% of mileage flown as EQD.

JFK-HEL o/w is about 4,100 miles, so both your EQM and EQD are posted correctly.