FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is BA First really like?
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:23 pm
flying_pig

Originally Posted by navylad
[...]other than to try and make a stupid point that doesn’t help the OP who asked for advice.

And as for this stupid term people keep using of ‘proper’ first class I think it is rather stupid you have a product and the value that a consumer is prepared to place on that product. It is individual to a consumer what they want to get for their money; or else one could argue that the only first class is flying by private jet..
OT: navylad, I think that in over 10 years reading this forum this has to be one of the rudest posts I’ve ever come across. Calling other posters “stupid” repeatedly is not exactly in the spirit of the discussion.

For the records, my most frequent destination is LAX and I opt for direct flights whenever I can: this mean I primarily fly BA going West. However, I have have often seen better prices on far better carriers; for someone who doesn’t mind taking a stopover it would be a no brainier to fly LX or AF.

Back on topic, to the OP: I think the deal that you got is excellent for business class to LAX. Enjoy it! I am sure you would have enjoyed BA F too. The experience is subpar on the ground, and onboard significantly below other carriers that operate the Europe to LA runs. But, still an excellent way of crossing the ocean and spending 11 hours in a metal tube!