FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being called by last name in economy
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:48 pm
criske

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by UAL250
Anyone else had this? This was wild to me, unbelievably impressive. Not only to do it, but to remember the name after serving 10-12 full rows ahead of me. Was this simply due to *G status? I really can't think of why I'd be that important to them to call me by my last name. LH went up a couple notches in my book after this.
I was called by my last name in a long haul flight by LH (GRU - FRA) even not being a status member of M&M (I am only a "normal" member without status, with just the blue card). But I was in C and I also think that the FA was a little confused, or better surprised, since I have a German last name, but am I not German (I am Brazilian with German ancestry). Since I was in C in a flight from Brazil to Germany, I did not thought to be something unusual.

I was also called by my last name in another long haul flight by TAP Portugal (LIS - POA), but that time I was in Y, with a very discounted fare and in a very standard seat and also not being a status passenger (again, only simple Victoria member without status). That was a surprise, mainly because the Portuguese FA spelled my last name correctly, which is not usual even in my everyday life!

Otherwise, I am never called like this in short flights, no matter what airline I am flying.

Criske