FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lipstick on a Pig
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:20 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Hilton to Ritz-Carlton? Wow. That's quite the reflag.

What was the room technology like? There's nothing showing sufficient electrical outlets for modern devices nor is there a picture of the television.

Are those holes in the carpeting in the third from last picture?

No arrival gift for a suite?
It's an iconic hotel and always has been because of its location. I couldn't publish the living room photos that had the TV because it had our name on it. There were international plugs by the bed, but strangely not by the table where one would work.

I think they are indents from where those table legs were. I also forgot to mention they use an odd brand of coffee machine, not Nespresso, and when I went to add an additional capsule I lifted up the lid and boiling water came shooting out angled toward me and burnt my thigh. The hotel was very apologetic and offered to get a doctor but we had to run to the airport.

Honestly, the pricing is ridiculous. I suspect many pay for the name and what they expect to be a five star experience but skip it and choose either Four Seasons.