FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DMZ worth it without Panmunjom (JSA)?
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:40 pm
RaginPlainsman

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
DMZ worth it without Panmunjom (JSA)?

I've seen several threads on here about how the visit to the Joint Security Area at Panmunjom is the must-do of any DMZ trip. We are passing through Seoul (arriving the evening of March 1 and leaving the morning of March 3) and have scheduled a half-day tour that goes to the JSA on March 2. I know that JSA visits can be cancelled at the last minute due to exercises, tensions and these days (thankfully) negotiations, so am crossing my fingers that all of these take that particular Friday off.

But, should our JSA tour be cancelled, I'm interested in opinions on whether any of the other sights at the DMZ are worth seeing on what will be our only day in Seoul. This is our first visit to the country, and I don't know when we might be back, and so if the JSA tour is cancelled I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more worthwhile to see the sights in Seoul itself instead of heading up to what we could see at the DMZ other than Panmunjom. For background, we're interested in historic and religious sights, as well as good food and drink. Thanks in advance for any advice!