FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:43 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Yes, I do like the shelf, but even that is less important because if you have a window seat, you can kind of "store" things in the space between the seat at the window. Kind of like on the 747 but not quite. Ofcourse you could argue that wall makes the seat narrow.

In row 9, I can hear the lavs flush, especially when its really quiet and I'm trying to sleep.
I'm one of those sleepers that likes it really dark so i use the eyeshade. So the galley light is not an issue, its more the chatty crew.

Anyways, on my SFO-AKL flight row 1 and 9 are open. I'll stick to my row 9 selection.
Still not sure if I prefer 9A or 9L. I am a stomach/side sleeper. When I am on my side, I prefer my right. So when I was in 9L I thought it would be an issue for my knees but it ended up being ok because there is room for my feet to stick out to the left. I've sat in 9A but only on a daytime TCON so i didnt sleep.

I'm on a 789 (6A) coming home via SYD so either way I know my outbout flight will be better than my return