FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread
Old Jun 17, 2004, 8:27 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Angry

I recently booked a last-minute room at the Hilton Millenium in NY for one-night at a rate of $390 on Hotels.com. The hotel was known at the time of the booking. I would have booked thru Hilton, but both the Hilton website and the reservation phone line showed no availability.

I was told, after presenting my HHonors card on check-in, that I would not receive any stay credit but I would receive points on any incidentals. Accordingly, I ran up a decent room tab both out of convenience and for the HHonors points. My HHonors number was entered and appeared on the folio when I checked out. Two weeks later, however, no points have posted. Was I informed incorrectly?

On a related note, I was denied any Gold benefits (I requested breakfast coupons) because I was on a third-party stay. I asked to speak to the front desk manager who also denied me any benefits. Yet, I feel fairly certain (especially after reading the HHonors guide) that I should receive benefits as long as the hotel was known at the time of the booking (not Priceline). Am I correct in this interpretation?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek