FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:24 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jerseykeebs
So something I noticed: I used Google flights to find the flight times that I wanted, but I can't pull it up from scratch on LH.com. It would be LH 403, 236 there and 1849, 412 back. July 5-15. It only offers flights with short layovers, whereas I want a long layover of 8 hrs. I can't select that routing, or anything cheaper than Discount fare buckets, or even see more than 8 options. BUT if I search it on Google flights, then select Google's link to purchase directly from LH.com, everything shows up properly. Is Google the only way to access the deep discount / bulk fares? I mean, as long as it still counts as a legit Econ booking with LH then I don't think it even matters (?), but it seemed weird.
I'm not familiar with booking tickets on Lufthansa's website, but in general the search function for longer itineraries can be somewhat poor. The Google Flights links are always "legitimate" - they will show you only published fares, not bulk fares, and are identical to having searched for that "normally". The only difference is that Google Flights is a little better at finding things.