FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing itinerary change
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:05 am
mspdoc

Disappointing itinerary change

Hi everyone,

Long time FT reader, first time poster. I have an upcoming trip from MSP-OGG. Several months back I booked MSP-HNL, connecting to OGG via a Hawaiian Airlines interisland flight. I recently received a notice of an itinerary change. Delta padded the arrival time by 40 minutes (same departure time) meaning my connection in HNL was under an hour. Rather than move me to a later HA flight they switched me to MSP-LAX, connecting LAX-OGG. Instead of the D1 cabin on the A330 I am domestic F on 75Y MSP-LAX and 75H LAX-OGG. When booking several months back this itinerary was available for significantly less, but since I only do this trip once per year I feel that having the D1 hard product on a 9 hour flight is worth the extra cost. By the time I was able to discuss this with a representative there was no inventory left on the MSP-HNL flight. The representative stated that because this is an "equivalent" change (1 stop, F ticket for F ticket) nothing can be done.

I get that there are much bigger problems in the world than mine. I'm sure it will still be an enjoyable trip. Personally I'd rather have my old itinerary back, but if I am forced to be bumped to a flight I could have had for $1100 less, this doesn't sit quite right with me. Is it worth pursuing this with a supervisor? You all fly way more than I do these days so I'm curious to hear your thoughts. And if I should just suck it up and deal with it, feel free to tell me that too. Thanks all!