FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:30 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ledude
Hi all.

Out of curiosity. Has anyone gone through name change for the nexus card? Well, me and the family change our family name but since our passport was all pretty new, I decided to change just my passport with the new name. Well, coincidentally my Nexus card expired. So I went to the TPS and renew my card with new info on my passport and I was expecting to be called for interview. Well, I didn't. Got the renewal approved and sent to me with my old name. So I'm guessing, I'll have to do one of the visit to the office in the border to show the legal paper work including my new passport and have them re-issue a new one? Is that how it works? I tried to do it online and it wouldn't let me. Also, for the rest of my family, do I need to change their passport first with the new name before we can update the nexus with the new name? The rest of my family's nexus card are also expiring so I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to do it. Any suggestion? I live in Seattle and I'm an American. From what I heard, the DT Seattle office is like almost impossible to get in since they are so busy and I'm not quite sure whether I need to schedule an appointment to see any of them? My choice is either DT Seattle or the Blaine border crossing nexus. Can anyone give me an advise? Many thanks everyone.
This, as you found out, can’t been done online. You must report to an enrollment center.