FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:06 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by catocony
The Park Lane lounge isn't anything to write home about, so if the lounge is a major factor, the GH is certainly better.
I haven't stayed at the Marriott Park Lane so I'll take your word for it. I have repeatedly stayed at the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House. As of November, the wine was no longer champagne but Spanish cava sparkling wine. The other wines, both red and white, were a little bit of a downgrade from past years but the bar remains self-serve. The staff has never said anything if you bring an entire bottle to your table. The food offerings are enough to replace a meal, although likely by design there aren't enough tables that are comfortable to sit and eat a meal from as most of the tables are coffee tables. Still, you could easily go to London and not spend a penny on food and drinks, if you were fine with eating breakfast and dinner in the executive lounge. My only complaint about the food and beverage offerings, besides the average wine selection, is the coffee. It's bad.