FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA Traffic Nightmare: Redevelopment 2016–≈2020; New For-Hire Vehicle & Taxi Pickups
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:36 pm
direwoof

What's the Situation like at LGA?

Decided to drop off my rental right at LGA which seemed like a huge mistake once I realized that there is construction. My flight is at 5:30 PM on a Tuesday, and I hope to return the car around 3:00-3:30. At first, I didn't think this would be possible with the construction. I saw horror stories about how long it took to get a shuttle to the terminals. However, someone was watching over me because it seems as if JetBlue (who I am flying) are now operating at the terminal right across the street from the Hertz - which is also outside of the "main" concourse.

Do you think I'll make it time-wise? I don't have baggage, and I'm hoping since the terminal is on it's own, the security lines won't be quite as long. Assuming I get there at 3:30 at the latest, and give myself an hour to return the rental car, that still leaves me with a full hour for security. This is worst case scenario - as I really am planning to get there by 3 - so it would be more like an hour and a half.

JFK seems like a mess right now, but I couldn't see if LGA is in a similar situation. All I see are complaints about the construction.

Thanks ahead of time