FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread
Old Jun 17, 2004, 4:00 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Ms. Osi at the HHonors Service Center said that we do earn points for incidentals. All we have to do is fax the receipt along with our HHonors number to 972-788-1818 attention "Document Services" and we'll receive credit - I'm still skeptical...
So, now that a manager has told you that they have a new software application that essentially does a search and destroy on any points that you may have earned on a stay not booked thru Hilton, and you learn of poor Alonzo's mother apparently having been the subject of this very same software -- kinda like the Matrix, wow! -- and he reports in practice, what you have been told by the hotel manager, and then a Hilton rep said, don't worry, you can send it that receipt and you will get the points! Right?

Interesting that they should want to spend the time and $$ to root out those points and then have them incur time and $$ to manually put those points back into your account? It's a wonder that with management like this, Hilton is not facing bankruptcy!

I won't be spending any $$ until I know this is a firm decision, or not, one way or the other! I'm just glad that my next Hilton stay is not until mid-July!