FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread
Old Jun 17, 2004, 3:33 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
This is a very timely post for me. I JUST had this conversation with HHonors reservations and the manager at the local property who told me that I will not be receiving points for incidentals for my stay tomorrow night in Irvine, CA. She said that they have re-written the software to force out the HHonors number. Before I called HHonors I came here and read this post. Although I'm no longer a Diamond (just silver now) this is a big deal to me. I had originally planned to have a large - and growing - dinner at the hotel purely for the purpose of earning points. Although my stay is through Priceline this policy is incredibly inconsistent, I've been doing this for years without problems.
That's what I thought!

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Upgrade Me -- wrong as usual.

Stupid Policy, but par for the course for Hilton making unaanounced changes or springing enforcement of changes on us without any notice whatsoever.

How typical of Hilton to emplace new software to screw its HHonors members out of points that they originally had received, while at the very same moment, they also have revamped their software applications as it relates to allowing one to do a search for which hotels are in the various category groupings. As many of you know, one can no longer input a hotel category and do a global country or statewide search for what turns up. Now, one must choose a destination and do a search that will perform a search within a 50 mile radius of that destination to see if the requested hotel category is there. Choose wrong -- tough luck!

YXU -- Lies, damned lies, and statistics. The proof is in the pudding!

You can keep HHonors. @:-)

TMK -- Kudos to that manager for being upfront with you! Are you still going to have that dinner at the hotel?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jun 17, 2004 at 3:52 pm