FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA iSolve F/A Onboard Miles Compensation as of Feb 2018 (restricted 8 Jun 2020)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:21 pm
zippy the pinhead

Originally Posted by Analyst59
Exactly. I just retired from AA HDQ a few weeks ago and my group was involved with this initiative. The goal is not only to be more responsive but to reduce the volume of formal complaints being submitted to customer relations and they prefer to avoid issuing vouchers when possible. They think it will save money but I expect it will cost them more in the end as not everyone wants to bother with submitting a formal complaint to CR and the F/As will likely comp anyone they are able to comp. Agents should have the Isolve tool as well if they aren't using it already.
How could such a policy go forward without being blessed by the quants? Surely they have modeled the costs vs. benefits, and their computer models tell them the benefits (to AA) win.

Not to be cynical, but how do the FAs view this? Is it empowering or burdensome? Is there some kind of performance metric to hold FAs accountable? It would be interesting to hear about the viewpoint of folks in the trenches, in the front lines, as it were.