FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:05 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by pdhenry
So the problem here is that HH is enforcing their policy?

I didn't see anything in Alonzo's posts where the offending stay is Priceline. In fact "She booked her travel through one of the largest travel company in Hong Kong. She's a director of the company that owns the travel company...". Either this wasn't a web-based booking (in which case I'd argue that the points should not have been deducted) or Alonzo is being selective in what information is being released about just how the booking was made.

Hotel bookings made by a Travel Agent should earn points unless there's some special rate (industry or negotiated) or unless the booking is made through a third-party website.

Well, I was surprised that this was their policy on bookings not made thru them. I certainly understand -- but do not agree -- with their decision rate bookings made outside their site, but I was under the belief that one wouls at least get points for incidentals charged during the stay -- as they do with award stays, and as their competition allows, as well!

Apparently, not!

With respect to Alonzo's situation, regardless of the method used to book the package, his mom detrimentally relied on their mistake to her misfortune, and under these circumstances, she should have the points reinstated, for had the initial points not appeared, it is unlikely that she would have spent the $$ during the second stay.

I suggest you contact the FT Hilton e-mail, or perhaps the much vaunted C/S that YXU points to would actually make an appearance on this thread to assist Alonzo.

PDHenry --

I think that your initially questioning Alonzo's veracity was very much out of place -- and out of character -- in this instance.