FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:42 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Have you thought about getting the Alaska credit card if you'll still be flying them a lot? You can get checked bags free at least. Not sure if you get lounge access or not or can earn elite miles with their credit card like you can the Delta credit card.

unfortunately the boardrooms have become stingy with allowing priority pass swipes lately. I prefer them over the Delta clubs and the last coupe times at Seattle they weren't allowing any priority pass swipes

For people who travel a lot for leisure but not enough for status the Chase Sapphire card is great since you get 4.5 percent back on dining and travel charges if you use the points for travel regardless of what hotel or airline you use. I normally use that card over my Delta card for Delta purchases since I value 4.5 chase poitns at more than 2 delta skypesos and I get trip protection. You also get a priority pass with unlimited guests
Yes, we already have the Alaska Visa. We already get checked bags free because of our Gold status with AS. We use it for the companion fare and not much else. You get so many more miles for the flying rather than the buying, that I prefer to load up my points on hotel cards.

The new Ascend with the 10 free priority passes will be great, as long as, as you say, the AS lounges let you in with them.