FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:38 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tdee1005
I applied for a Citi Thank You Premier Card at a time when the sign up bonus was 50K points. I met all the requirements for the bonus. However, Citi did not award the points. After emailing Citi, I got this: "Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate each and every opportunity to
serve you.

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you
mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you
received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account
and contact you.

Please send the requested information including your name and full
account number to:

Citi Customer Service
PO Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6500

Has nyone been through this situation. If so, how did you resolve it to your satisfaction. I already spoke to a Citi manager, but to no avail. Thanks for any help.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.
The problem is that "at a time when" is not sufficient enough. There have been plenty of times in the past year or two where the official Citi page had no signup bonus at all for the Premier, and only a specific link that was in the wiki of this thread (and/or a few other "obscure" places online) had that bonus. So you had to apply through that specific link, not just "at that time".

And even if you did use the right link, but you tried another link before you applied through that link on the same browser, that could be the problem. Citi is known for mixing up browser cookies from the link you visited an hour a go to the link you visited now (in the same browser).

The only totally safe way to apply for a Citi card is (a) to make absolutely sure you're using the right link, and (b) open it in Private/Incognito mode (which ignores all cookies in your browser). Then, if you want proof, take snapshots of every page as you go through the application process.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 11, 2018 at 11:44 am