FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgruntled AS Employees: "It's a race to the bottom."
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:10 am
tphuang

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
"$30 million to improve and expand the Alaska lounge in New York’s JFK airport and a new lounge at Seattle-Tacoma International airport opening next year."

#1) They are spending $30 million to "improve and expand the Alaska lounge in New York's JFK airport"?? Huh? I didn't think there was an Alaska Lounge at JFK although I know they have plans to build one...if I'm wrong on this one, where is the current (unimproved) Alaska Lounge located at JFK?

#2) ANOTHER lounge at SEA? Wow....where is this one going? This is lounge #4 at SEA, correct? First I've heard of this.
They could've saved some of that $30 million and not moved to the bargain basement T7 at JFK which seemed to have driven away quite a few ff already. Do they really think a lounge is going to cover up their entirely uncompetitive F product on JFK-SFO/LAX?

And all they could list for improvement are this?
• An $11 million investment last year to provide free movies, TV and texting on flights.
• A $100 million investment in new seats with power outlets and larger overhead bins.
• $25 million to install satellite Wi-Fi on all its mainline jets by 2020.
Are all items that B6 have already done years ago. And also investments that DL already done and other legacies are doing also.

• Additional legroom in its Premium Class and First Class seats.
And this just means less legroom for Y class