FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suite upgrade
Thread: Suite upgrade
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:53 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by WhitFam2412
I have been a diamond member for almost a year now and have never received the suite upgrade. Without out fail we are always immediately told the hotel is full(without checking) or "we've already given you a preferred room." We are always made to room that we're asking for the moon.<br /><br />Has anyone else had a better experience?
I hear you, WhitFam. As a fellow Diamond, it's been my experience that most properties are unaware of the Diamond level perks.

In November, I stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Frisco, CO and they'd already upgraded me to a suite by the time I checked in.
Additionally, upon request the HoJo's PDX Airport has also upgraded me. Also, upon request, I was upgraded at the Ramada Downtown Anchorage.

All of the other properties I've stayed at since becoming Diamond (about a dozen of them) have claimed to know nothing of the upgrade perk. Worse, I've asked a number of front desk agents if my Diamond status even shows up in my reservation and they've either been unaware that status ever was in reservations or they were unable to find it.

It's an extremely inconsistent benefit that Wyndham Rewards would do well to replace with something like extra points.

Unfortunately here at Flyertalk, you and I may be the only Diamond members (or at least the only ones who care enough to post about this). I assume the other Diamonds - if there are any - either can't be bothered to add their two cents or are hokey "Go along, get along" types too timorous to speak up. Either way, the chances of any real acknowledgement and positive change coming about as a result of this thread would appear to be minimal at best.