FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:47 am
MountainGuy

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
ATL is very elite heavy and my success rate on flights into or out of ATL as a diamond are only about 60 percent (I was number six on the upgrade list as a DM from ATL to CHS recently and at least 10 people in coach boarded with PREM) so I wouldn't plan on getting an upgrade as an FO out of ATL.

I would never pay $63 for that short of a flight. If they don't do a PDM on the flight you'll be lucky to get two drinks in the air, I'd rather spend that money on a nice dinner.

I've never flown ATL/CLT but missed an upgrade last year one direction on a trip to CLT from DTW as a diamond.
Absolutely, I'm not expecting anything out of ATL, it's the return leg that I'm curious about. I was an AA Gold in ATL and actually did get an upgrade or two from there, curious how the flip side looks in this case. I'm also curious if the amount does in fact lower (especially as an FO vs GM vs PM). I've had status on NW and AA before, but now actually paying attention to how it works and using this year as an experiment. Will have good mix of flights and statuses and international to see how it works best for me.

I've had 2 jack and gingers on this flight before and was offered a third. For being an MD-88 and such a crazy short flight the crews have been pretty good. 40 mins in the air beats 4.5 hrs driving it, which I do every other week.