FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polynesia Part II: Easter Island & Mexico City via LATAM Business & Alaska First
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:00 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Looking forward to rest of your report.

FYI, CATSA is SUPPOSED to put inspection cards in your bag if they opened them.
I don't believe TSA would've inspected your bag in SEA either.

Either way, since nothing was missing, it probably doesn't matter
Thanks pentiumvi. That's new information (to me) about the CATSA cards. I've either been lucky over the years or they haven't been doing their job. LOL. My blue recycling bin at home has collected more than it's fare share of TSA cards over the years.

Originally Posted by 757
Great to see another report from you and looking forward to the rest! Sorry to hear about your delays so far - how annoying especially on the outbound part of your trip where you just want to get there! AS seems to offer a decent service, but I think they can improve their catering a bit ... their food never looks very substantial.
I appreciate the sentiments 757 and your continued readership!

I agree that the catering on Alaska needs some improvement. It's okay for a 2 hr shuttle flight, but since they are branching more and more into medium haul territory, their first class meals could use an upgrade.