FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:46 pm
chrisnj

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin
Some advice please.... Just about to book a trip that's probably not technically a TP run as its £1594 for 440 pts flying DUB-LHR-MIA-MCO on 29th Jan then MCO-CLT-PHL-DUB on 8th Feb all in business. The price is about the same as LGW-MCO business on BA and with the 80 pts for a positioning flight to and from DUB this will help push my wife into Gold and gets me well on the way for renewal. Anyway the is the first time we've done a multi trip like this. I priced it up on Google and then click the booking option through to the AA website. Only worry there is that although it shows the itinerary on the AA site and it lets me go through the booking procedure I get all the way to the credit card page and it doesn't show me anywhere that I can see what classes the flights are other than if I click on the fare basis link it shows INN4T1S4 on all legs but this don't mean much to me. I'm reluctant to add card info and commit without confirmation these are in fact Business flights. Am I missing something or is this normal when booking via AA website? Google says I can call BA to book these flights but its about £70 more expensive that way...... What's the advice? should I pay the extra £70 or whatever the BA agent decides to add or trust the AA site after I input the credit card details that its the correct class.