FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:28 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jonathanbak
I'm sort of confused by the new KLM chart. It says below the new chart:

KLM-marketed flights will earn mileage based on the table below if they are ticketed by Delta or meet all three of the following criteria:
  1. Part of a transatlantic itinerary1;
  2. Ticketed by KLM; and
  3. Operated by either Delta or KLM"
So does that mean any transatlantic KLM marketed flight whether or not it's operated by Delta or KLM will earn MQD's and Miles based on the previous chart and not by the 2018 chart? If you open the KLM section on the Partner Earnings page you can see more clearly what I mean.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
I will grant you that the design of the new page is ridiculously awful, as if they did not do any usability testing.

However it says "KLM-marketed flights in the following fare classes are eligible for accrual based on the percentages in the table below, multiplied by the flight distance (as determined in Delta or the partner carrier’s sole discretion)" followed by the button to click for the new chart, which says "MILEAGE EARN ON/AFTER JAN. 1, 2018". We are on/after Jan. 1, 2018. Full stop.

The next button/table, which yes, is beneath the new table, nevertheless has the qualifier on the button "MILEAGE EARN BETWEEN FEB. 1, 2016 AND DEC. 31, 2017." The language you quoted with the three criteria, refers to this second table. But it's useful only for historical purposes (like if you wanted to look up what a past flight should have earned vs. what got credited).

If you are researching future travel, ignore the other charts and focus on the "ON/AFTER JAN. 1, 2018" chart.