FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW - no more orange juice on ground?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:15 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko
But I have no desire to participate in the discussion of PDB on AA. A question was asked within this thread about PDB AA, which I answered and added that it does not happen all the time. That was it as far as I was concerned, but people took issue with the 'does not happen consistently' qualification.
I would agree that it does not happen all the time. In fact there's a whole thread on the AA board dedicated to the when, where and why not of PDBs. I have found it to be more consistent on the regional carriers (so Compass etc.) than on mainline services, and then you have the added confusion of whether it's a legacy US Airways crew etc. I have found it is usually all or nothing. In other words it's either a full bar (so a Bloody Mary on the first flight of the day from LAS to LAX if that's your fancy) or you get nothing at all. The only thing consistent about the AA PDB offering is its inconsistency. Now, where have we heard that before?

Back on topic and to the vexed question of the orange juice, I remember when you used to be able to have apple juice as a PDB. My first op-up to Club was LAX - LHR many years ago and my boss was fairly scathing about my decision to have apple juice rather than champagne!