FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Tribeca New York [Master Thread]
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:38 am
Antonio8069

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
update - January 2018

Keyser, I did not see an update from you for your 3-night stay last month? Here is mine:
Getting here is dead easy. Take 1, 2, or 3 trains from 34th Street to Canal and walk two blocks.
The fact that check-in is slow and chaotic should surprise no one. Its a big hotel (21 floors) with a tiny lobby and two positions open. What can one expect?
The PLAT recognition is (IMO) meh. Not sure how many suites are in the property but I know I did not get one! No PLAT amenities for sure. Not even extra water.
For hors d'oeuvres (begins at 17:30) the offerings are nothing special - no hot food, mainly cheese. dips, veggies and crackers, along with two kinds of sliced meat. I went to the bagel place next door for real food!
The breakfast is much better - oatmeal, 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. Although, no hot food. Overall, I much prefer the Sheraton Times Square. The big highlights of the SPG lounge are the views and in the eve the wine is complimentary Room cleanliness is (IMO) also meh. Its an old hotel and very profitable for Starwood!
Now my chance to rant : The SPG lounge was hopelessly overcrowded - 25 when I was there, in a space comfortable for half that. Two staff members could not keep up with the clearing.
The lounge enables guests to take food out (due to crowding?). They actually provide carry away cardboard containers. Why?
They also enable/encourage outside food. They even have a microwave i.e. you can go next door if you want, buy a frozen entrée and eat it in the lounge! IMO, that should never be allowed. UA is very firm on this - with good reason!
They also allow pets into the lounge. I have asked SPG about pets in the room, due to allergies, etc. But pets in the lounge is got to me a new low!