FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - in TLV- missing luggage/El Al cust service
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:47 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by csj50
-The tracking information has been completely useless and hasn't been updated once- even for my husband's bag, which was found as I posted.
-Calling and speaking with UA has been much more helpful than El Al.
-I do have the original luggage tags. My name and info was labeled outside the luggage, but not inside. Have never ever had an issue with luggage, but now I know.

UPDATE: I called El Al today, told me my luggage left YESTERDAY from IAD to LHR with United, then was supposed to go to LHR to LTN (Luton), and that's all they could tell me. I then called United, which confirmed that the bag was scheduled to go to LTN --> TLV on an El Al flight (which they also gave me specifics, flight # and time of arrival). It is now six hours past the scheduled landing time and having just spoken to El Al, they don't know if it has even left luton, as far as they can see it has not left TLV. Good thing my hopes weren't too high. I am now on hold waiting to speak to United again to see if they can give me further details.

Not sure if I should just tell them to send it back home, as I am leaving in 2.5 days...or if that would confuse things even more.
Well it seems it made it to LHR the only question why didnt it make it to LY @ LHR or did it but for whatever reason it wasnt loaded. If you can be sure it will arrive before you leave that is your best bet to see your bag again. Ive been thru what you have and it will be a total mess if you now asked for it to be sent to your US address or even to be held @ IAD. As a last resort Id do that but only if I was 100% sure I wouldnt get it while still at my destination.

I once had my bags arrive on a BA plane and I was taking that same plane out of TLV, took them a week to get it there, got to TLV real early to make sure Id get my bags and nothing was missing.Had a friend living there go with me so I could give him the stuff that was for him and some others , no sense bringing it back to NY