FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:46 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I would think being the properties are affiliated with each other via Marriott Hotels, that sharing data would not be prohibited and there may very well be some verbiage buried in the T&Cs that give them that ability. Personally, if there was something I wanted a property to know about my desires (Coke vs Pepsi), I'd make a point of letting them know and would have no problem sharing that info. Also, if a guest has a high PITA rating, then I suspect that's ok to share too. Unfortunately, we may never know unless a current/former property employee cares to comment and even then it would only be for the property they have experience. I would expect even different chains operated by the same franchise can and do share information, again, being under the same parent. Now if they were to publish the data beyond their domain, then I'd suspect AGs could come into play. I surely wouldn't want them posting my stay (and guest's names) on their Facebook page or website!
Maybe there is such a system but I just don't see it being used. I say that because my colleague with the Diet Coke preference does about 325 butt-in-bed nights in a hotel. Mostly Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis and good old-fashioned Marriott hotels. He has something like 8 million points. Other than the St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton saving his Diet Coke preference, none of the other properties give him Diet Coke nor do they seem to treat him as a VIP. He has lifetime platinum and platinum-premier status, but regularly doesn't get upgraded. Sometimes he gets a bottle of wine, but that's about it. How many people do 300-plus nights at multiple hotels? You would think he would be flagged if there was such an internal system.