FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WS or AC
Thread: WS or AC
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:33 pm
FatBoyYVR
Suspended

Ah, but it is only those of us who work for our money who have to contemplate the occasional SIN run to top up our status. Shore9, in case you havent realised it yet, the majority of us in this forum are average hard working people, for whom every dollar matters as we have to make choices about every dollar we spend. For many, I suspect every dollar spent on flying from our own pocket impacts families, children etc etc. While we certainly like to fly in J, we also rarely pay full fare for it (In my own case I like to think it is because I have more sense) and if we had to would choose to fly in the back. When work pays, sure - whatever, but quite honestly I suspect most of us have better things to spend our own hard earned dollars on than J tickets. This is not to say we do not consistently give AC a lot of revenue each year, and indeed the upgrade system is designed to keep us loyal without expecting us to necessarily pay full J on all our flights.
If you want to impress people on here (and it seems that you do) then stop telling us about buying J and M and tell us how you can fly a really long way in the back for a few dollars (I suggest a SIN run from YVR with the 7 hour turnaround and YVR customs - if you can persuade Ferrari to accompany you we would be particularly impressed ).