FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two major delays. Which airline owes 600 EUR per EC261?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:00 am
ANstar

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Yes, one 016 ticket.

No reason given by TP. Flight departed 27 minutes late from LIS for no reason given (it is SOP for TP to depart a few minutes late anyway, and they usually make up time during the crossing), and a longer than normal crossing probably due to a very southerly and long route that dipped down to latitude 34N (the latitude of Atlanta) and took a long 9h06m for the crossing. Unusual routing, but does not appear to be weather related, possibly just whatever Atlantic track they could get at that hour.
UA initially delayed due to "late arrival of inbound aircraft", then crew timed out, then they tried but could not find another crew, and it became "operational difficulties"
If it is due to longer flight times then they will probably fob it off as ATC restrictions on route or something like that. I had it once from AUH with BA and we had to take a longer route and then I missed my overnight connection and they fobbed it off as ATC restrictions. (ie outside their control what track they were allowed on that day as an example) Its worth a try to claim as always but I'd just manage the expectations of actually getting a decent result.