FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated PVG connections / connection time / logistics / lounges
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:52 pm
douginguam

Programs: HH Dia, UA S, US Plat, *A G, Delta Plat, SPG G
Originally Posted by TerryK
That's how it works in China, not just PVG. In fact, it works the same way in USA, except to/from Canana, for non-USA passport holders. For example, have you tried using Asian passport and travel Asia-LAX-EGE? Granted CBP may be more efficient than China border control but the process is the same.
That may be how it works in China now. However there is a transit desk air-side at PVG which was clearly planned for use and used at some point (a guy even sits behind the counter).
International transit does not work that way in Bali, Manila, Japan (excluding Sendai), Incheon, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore, the FSM, Guam or Australia (on some continuing international routes). I have made international transit air-side at all those airports numerous times, without picking up baggage or clearing local immigration. Guam requires clearing US immigration, but not customs.

Prior to travelling I did search the forums and google for posts on PVG transit. The dearth of information was why I tried to post a simple summary of events without being too critical - refer above.