FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Deposit Question for Visa - 2018 Edition
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:02 pm
manohman

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jackal
I agree that the chances of a PC, 5*, or even regular Gold member running off with a car are pretty slim. But if you're a PC, then chances are your credit is good enough and your credit limits are high enough that you wouldn't even notice if Hertz put a $200--or maybe even a $2,000---hold on your card.
No, I'm pretty sure I'd notice and I'd make a big stink if I had a $2,000 hold on my credit card over a car rental seeing as my credit limit is about $3,000. I haven't requested a higher credit limit because I don't particularly need one and I only make a modest salary. We cannot all be rich, corporate clients or on six figure salaries.

Regarding not feeling it necessary to inform them that you won't be returning the car as expected, you may end up paying for that privilege now that Hertz is starting to roll out late-return fees at more and more locations.
The minute Hertz charges me for late-returns is the same minute I move all my reservations back to Enterprise/National and never look back. Their loss..