FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:17 pm
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Just for educational purposes. If I buy a fully refundable F ticket, check-in, use the lounge, then decide I'm too sick to go on the trip. So then I just get home without saying anything to anyone at the airport. Can I not show up at the flight, go home, and request a refund online at AA.com?
Since you have no intention of boarding the flight with the First Class ticket, what you are suggesting is against AA's Conditions of Carriage:

American specifically prohibits practices commonly known as: (emphasis added by controller1)

• Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as any bookings made without having been requested by or on behalf of the named passenger. Additionally, creating bookings to hold or block seats for the purpose of obtaining lower fares, AAdvantage award inventory, or upgrades that may not otherwise be available, or to gain access to airport facilities, or to circumvent any of American Airlines' fare rules or policies, is prohibited without prior authorization from American Airlines.