Old Jan 6, 18, 7:47 pm
jinglish

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jk88usa View Post
I would be curious to hear your experiences with DL, because the whole reason AS lost me after last year was just the opposite: DLs customer service was light years better even just as a Silver last year. Had 3 nightmarish experiences as an MVP with AS towards the end of the year, that pretty much sealed the deal. And I was planning on taking more business to AS now that I’m in and out of Dallas so much. Not anymore.

Saw a lot of people ripping the “Has then Train Left the Station” thread on here and with articles like these I’m not sure why we’re criticizing that question. For me: It really has been a race to the bottom from where they were 3-4 years ago

I've been an MVP for just over two years now, and AS has treated me very well, especially reservation agents--I've even gotten a couple of unexpected upgrades after calling in to fix itineraries with schedule changes. So far I've only flown three trips with DL, and other than one less-than-great interaction with a PDX check-in agent (which happened to be my first-ever interaction with a DL employee), the service I've received has been perfectly fine but not exceptional. I brought up operational issues because AS has had the best mainline on-time performance for several years running (although having an SFO hub is definitely going to tank that stat), while DL does the best of the big three but occasionally has meltdowns because something's wrong at ATL and the rest of their network is tied in so strongly with that airport.

My experiences may be considered even more anecdotal than normal because I'm an MVP who only flew roughly 11k miles on AS last year, with most of my EQMs coming from international travel on partners (hence the move to DL).
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
I'm more concerned to learn Delta ramped up from 3 routes to 59 routes from SEA in five years. What happens if they keep expanding and get up to 100 routes in another year or two? Is it possible that Delta could become the new dominant carrier for Seattle? If they continue to increase market share at this rate, long-term it could mean less Alaska aircraft and less Alaska employees working out of SEA.
DL would probably love to, but SEA just doesn't have the space right now. They're upgauging existing service where they can, but the terminal expansions are going to have to finish before they try to add too many more destinations.
​​​​​

Last edited by jinglish; Jan 6, 18 at 7:56 pm