FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bronze: 7 day seat selection query
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:08 pm
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikem004
I have been allocated 13E in WTP on BA271.
I haven't actively confirmed that I want 13E.
If you have not confirmed the seat you have been offered, you have not been allocated it; it is only an offer. If you do not confirm a seat now, you could find that all of the available seats will be taken by others, leaving you with nothing to select until OLCI.

If all of the seats on offer are poor, that may not be something to be disappointed about. But you do need to be aware that being offered 13E is only that unless/until you confirm it and it shows as your seat allocation in the main MMB page.
Looks like I might have missed a trick here. Especially as I am connecting to LHR on an earlier flight 09:20 from LBA. Maybe I could have beaten the ex-LHR passengers if I had logged in to MMB earlier?
No. Bronze seat pre-allocation is timed to T-7d from flight departure, to the second. Being on a connecting itinerary doesn't give you earlier access to this.

The benefit of connecting is only for OLCI.

However, looking at the timings of your posts, I suspect you may have missed a trick by not logging on at 1215 today, and only posting about this at 1309. By 1419 (when you posted again), other Bronzes will already have had two hours to pick up seats. You and we will never know whether or not you missed out on anything by delaying.

Another lesson for next time: it is worth keeping track of which seats are still available during the period before the T-7d point. If there are lots of good seats still left, it may be less risky to leave it until T-7d. However, if the cabin looks like it is already getting very full, then there may be an argument for paying for seat pre-allocation to get something you like, and foregoing the benefit of free pre-allocation to minimise the risk of not getting anything decent.