FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live and Lets Fly [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:24 pm
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I think we are moving off the point a little :-)

In general, in the UK, the police and criminals have a deal. We don't arm 90% of our police officers, and virtually no criminals carry guns. It works out just fine. And if you start waving a gun around we throw the book at you.

That is roughly how the miles and points game works. We give the airlines a run around sometimes, but they get an astonishing mine of free information via FT and the like and they can keep some heavy hitters happy with a few low key promotions. They don't run around closing our accounts or shutting down workarounds if only a few people are playing them. The schemes even do stuff for our benefit - I mean, has anyone who didn't read FT or a blog ever booked an IHG PointsBreak?! They give us the hotels in advance and the good ones sell out in a day. Normal IHG members never get a look in.

When you go around issuing lawsuits against airlines or programmes for genuine mistakes, you start to tamper with the fragile fabric of our universe. And that isn't a clever thing to do.